Couple quick thoughts heading into tonight's game:
- I don't think we're going to see another high-scoring game tonight-- or at least, I hope we don't. We didn't see the best of either team in the first two periods of game one but things sort of settled by the third period, so we might be seeing more of that instead. We'll see if the teams' defense decide to get themselves sorted out.
- The big story of game 1 was how the depth players all scored a point while both top lines remain quiet. Call me naive, but do you really think that top lines consisting of either Richards or Toews will let this happen for the entirety of the series?
- I actually wonder if maybe this would be a good time to match top line to top line. Bolland's line against Giroux's may do some damage... but the opposite can be said just as easily, can't it?
- Laviolette is playing Leighton in goal after all, despite saying in a presser that he doesn't know who will be in net. I think this is the right choice but I also don't think Leighton should have been pulled in the first place. Can't tell what that does to a goalie's confidence, which according to the pre-game view we got of him, didn't look like much.
- The Flyers scored 5 goals, took no penalties, and faced a Blackhawks team that didn't play well until the third. Unfortunately, they still lost. Here's to hoping they don't catch as many breaks as they did in game one.