Game Time: 2:00 pm CT
TV/Radio: NBC, TSN, RDS / WGN 720
Don’t, It’s a Trap! On the Forecheck
Game 1: 4-1 loss
Game 2: Shutout win
Game 3: 4-1 loss
Game 4: Shutout win
That doesn't look good, if the assumption is we'll be following the same pattern, so let's hope we don't have to go there. We're down to a best of three now. The Blackhawks return to the United Center and attempt to win the next 2 games. The series win record of a team that wins Game 5 after a tied series is pretty high, and all the favorites (Detroit over Phoenix in this one, as I go with popular opinion) in the West have used the opportunity to grab a hold of their respective series. The Blackhawks will do well to do the same.
As it stands, the Predators:
- May be playing with Hornqvist today. Hornqvist has been practicing but Trotz has been mum with regard to getting him back in the lineup. Like Quenneville, he's only saying Hornqvist might be ready by Game 5.
- Will probably hold off getting Grebeshkov back. Though the official substitute for Grebeshskov is Cody Franson (aka the guy who sent a puck to take out Jordin Tootoo's face), Klein has been skating with Hamhuis in place of Grebeshkov, and Preds fans believe this needs to stop right away. It's interesting how, after Quenneville shook up lines heading into game 4, that Barry Trotz now faces the same decisions. We'll see how it turns out.
- Still haven't gotten rid of Tootoo, despite their own players' best efforts. Jordin Tootoo had to get 45 stitches and plastic surgery to fix his face after he took a puck to the face (thanks, Cody Franson!) last Thursday. He is playing today. Between this, Doug Weight's "It's okay, I'm a hockey player" after getting hit by a car, and Eric Belanger's DIY dentistry, hockey players are badass.
Meanwhile, the Blackhawks:
- Have called up Corey Crawford from Rockford after their series ended with a sweep by the Texas Stars. It is common practice for a team to carry plenty of extra guys on their roster (though not to dress them) since salaries don't count in the postseason. A team can carry up to 3 goaltenders. Expect a few other skaters to get called up in the next few days (as they were last year) but no need to think of this as more than anything at the moment.
- Will probably stick with the same lines as they did from Game 4. There was a lot to like about how that game played out. Ben Eager was apparently ill, so he's definitely gonna stay scratched tonight.
- Are apparently practicing how to get out of their zone now. It's interesting to see that they're working on specifics, and I do hope they execute today.